Super Mario Flash 3 (known as SMF3) is the successor (or a hack, really) of Super Mario Flash 2 developed by Hiro.The game is mainly based on Super Mario Bros. 3 but it has more types of tilesets from different games (especially from „Super Mario Bros. 3" and „Super Mario Bros.", enemies (such dolphins), sprites (such !-switch), also, has a special music for title (like in SMB3 SNES title music) and a new story.
Movement in SMF3 is the same as in SMF2.
Also, player can change gameplay conditions by clicking on „Option", then, clicking again on „Customize". Player can change:
- Foreground (none, rain, snow, water, dark, woods);
- Switch music (enable or disable);
- DEF lives (1, 5, 15, 30, 50, 70 or 99);
- DEF stock item (none, mushroom, flower or leaf);
- BG when using A2 (lock or scroll).
Players can choose Story Mode to play recolored map and 11 levels made by Hiro themself. List of levels:
- First overworld level;
- Grassland level. Has a secret exit to Green Switch Palace;
- First Castle, exits to the first Boom Boom battle;
- Cavern. Has a secret exit to Yellow Switch Palace;
- Underwater level;
- Ghost house;
- Second overworld level. Has a secret exit to Red Switch Palace;
- Second castle. Starts and exits in green forest.
- Navy with lava pool, exits to the second Boom Boom battle.
- Airship, exits to the third Boom Boom battle.
- King Koopa (Bowser) Castle
Also, player can use letters C and H to enter the secret level, where he can grab items, reach an orb or climb up to play one of four SMB3 levels: 1-1; 1-4; 2-1; 6-5; 7-4:
Players can also choose Level Editor to create their own levels. Super Mario Flash 3 has the most different themes than any other SMF game (grass, cave, castle, lava, etc.), also, it has unique features, such invisible block, lock vertical/horizontal scroll, levelmode changing scrolls, advance coins, etc. Super Mario Flash 3 has more than 2000 tiles, over 100 sprites, 21 sounds (Bowser defeat sound and title sound has no number set, so their playing everywhere is impossible. 19 is a custom music), about 40 backgrounds and a few other settings.
Samples are very helpful for newcomers, who don't know how to use many things, such as big bushes, outdoor castles, !-switches, etc.
- Super Mario Flash 3 is the third game of Super Mario Flash Series since 2016.
- Super Mario Flash 2 is the basis of Super Mario Flash 3 due to many things, such ramps, Mario's abilities, etc.
- Super Mario Flash 3 is the most updated game/hack in Level Palace. Hiro almost always adds new features to SMF3, so, the newest version lasts a few weeks or a month only.
- Super Mario Flash 3 lacks certain features of Super Mario Flash 2 - Unlike its predecessor, Super Mario Flash 3 doesn't include the option of disabling the view of the background in the level editor. Also, you are not able to block item stockage in SMF3 (unlike SMF2)